A Project Manager is the internal owner of projects. He or she is responsible for the in-facing coordination, progress, tracking, resourcing, and movement of a project from inception to completion. The project manager guides the team and helps negotiate the multiple relationships within any project—whether with team members, firm principals, or any variety of partners (such as freelancers, contractors, etc.)—and functions as the internal hub of a project.
Although a project manager may be involved in business development, helping to craft the scope of work, he or she is usually not the external person uncovering opportunities and developing new relationships. Client relationships usually begin with the onboarding of a new client, where he or she works to maintain a healthy balance and ongoing relationship throughout the course of the project and beyond, with the out-facing team.
A project manager must have a vision for seeing the entire board and understand goals of individual projects. This should apply not only to the process, but also to the strategy. Because the project manager keeps an eye on the big picture from day one, he or she should be able to effectively guide the project’s strategy as well as progress. We’d like the candidate to:
- Serve as a point of internal project communications to the creative and client team
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting internal relationships with staff and external relationships with clients
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with strategic, creative, production, and account team leaders
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs, ready for delivery
- Clearly communicate the progress of daily / weekly initiatives among internal teams and reports to outfacing teams
- Forecast and track resource and timekeeping metrics for project leads, administration
- Prepare reports on project status and action lists
- Collaborate with client team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests, internal problem solving, conflict resolution, and troubleshooting as needed
Here’s What’s Required:
- Proven work experience as a designer, producer, project manager, or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with MS Office, and project management and resource management software.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CRM software experience a plus
- Ensuring the agency is meeting the client’s needs from an internal resourcing and scheduling perspective
- Solving problems within the project team
- Managing internal communications and coordination with account management and out-facing team members
- Being organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills Flourishing when working within a team of different people
- Being an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Being flexible and able to solve problems
- Being resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Being able to juggle competing demands from demand generators within the agency
- Being responsible for managing the project success through effective communication, problem solving, and responding to requests
- Interpreting client communication briefs, and where required, support the principal, creative VP, creative director, and account manager with project downloads
- Ensuring that project deadlines and budgets are met, communicating and seeking approval of any changes to these ahead of time
- Keeping the internal and external teams up to date with useful knowledge
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions
- Working with the studio manager and account management teams to manage projects and budgets
Here’s Who We Are:
- We are a 30+ year old, award-winning design, innovation + experience firm, based in Charlotte.
- We are a unique collective of designers, strategists, researchers, engineers + implementers, purpose-driven to creating a positive impact on business, people + community, through design.
- We help businesses, people + communities improve and fulfill their purpose and potential, through design.
- We confront our client’s brand, product and service challenges head-on from a holistic, human-experience perspective, employing a bespoke design thinking, visioning + implementation process.
- We apply our empathy, creativity, and experience to champion and design innovative solutions that turn client challenges into transformative results for their business, people and community.
Your Benefits Will Include:
- Profit-sharing Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Standing invitation to Beer / Wine :30s + year-round access to the drink fridge and snack cabinet
- Full assimilation into our unreasonably fun work / play culture